Tuesday 8 January 2013

Five of the Coolest Movie Characters

We've had the most lovable characters and now it's time for a more interesting category; the coolest characters.

These are the bad boys that you love to hate, hate to love or simply just wish, deep down inside, maybe that you were just a little bit like them. 

Randal Graves
Clerks (1994)
Played by: Jeff Anderson
Occupation: Store Clerk at RST Video
Best quote: "Melodrama coming from you seems about as natural as an oral bowel movement."
Why he deserves to be on the list: He cares for nothing in the world but his best friend Dante. He's not a total bad ass and doesn't go round shooting people or taking drugs, he just has a general disregard for any type of authority or regulations in the most comedic yet simple way possible.

Vincent Vega
Pulp Fiction (1994)
Played by: John Travolta
Occupation: Hit man for mob boss Marsellus Wallace
Best quote: "Oh man! I shot Marvin in the face."
Why he deserves to be on the list: He's a smooth talking, suave, dangerous gangster. There had to be one on the list and Vincent Vega made the cut. He's got it all; the money, the suit, the hair and the amazing dance moves. Love it.


Mickey O'Neil
Snatch (2000)
Played by: Brad Pitt
Occupation: Full time Pikey
Best quote: "Dags, ya like dags?"
Why he deserves to be on the list: If you haven't seen the film Snatch, it's hard to explain without ruining the plot. On the face of it, he's one of the most brutal Irish traveller fighters ever but deep down inside he is... well, an even more brutal Irish traveller fighter. Don't mess with the travellers.


Captain Jack Sparrow
Pirates of the Caribbean (2003)
Played by: Johnny Depp
Occupation: Pirate
Best quote: "When you marooned me on that god forsaken spit of land, you forgot one very important thing, mate; I’m Captain Jack Sparrow."
Why he deserves to be on the list: Every woman wants to be with him, every man wants to be him; even if they don't admit it. Sparrow is a dishonest, drunken, thieving pirate whilst still remaining to have charm, charisma and something oh so appealing to him. Good on ya, Capt'n.


Bryan Mills
Taken (2008)
Played by: Liam Neeson
Occupation: Retired US spy
Best quote (well, it's speech more than quote): "I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."
Why he deserves to be on the list: The speech above is one of the most well known speeches of this generation. Most parents, upon hearing their daughter has been abducted, would call the police. Not this guy, he goes on a rabid, intense, no holds barred man hunt battling drug abuse, human trafficking and brutalities until he finds his child. If that doesn't make you cool, I don't know what does. 



Image sources:
http://www.cinemaobsessed.com/2010/11/quotable-quote-clerks.html
http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/john-travolta/images/462422/title/vincent-vega-photo
http://www.verilliance.com/blog/page/2/
http://i-s2-supernatural.tumblr.com
http://nerdbastards.com/2012/10/09/taken-3-possibility-gets-reappraisal-by-money-hungry-execs/

1 comment:

  1. Snatch and Pulp Fiction are two of my favorite movies. This made me want to go watch them again.
    xo
    Tiffy
    www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete