Thursday 3 January 2013

Five of the Most Loveable Movie Characters

As all films that follow a narrative structure, you have heroes and villains; the good guys and the bad guys. Of course, the good guys are always those who triumph. Especially over Christmas, these heart-warming films make temporary visitations to your television screens but I am here to say, do not forget the loveable characters that put a smile on your face.

MISS HONEY
Miss Honey is the teacher from Matilda (1996).

This wonderful woman is probably the most innocent, loving and caring person ever to visit your screen. 

She shows Matilda love and adoration for the first time in Matilda's life and has an unwavering dedication to ensuring Matilda gets what she deserves in life.

Matilda: 
Why don't you run away?
Miss Honey:
I've often thought about it but I can't abandon my children... if I couldn't teach, I'd have nothing at all.
_____________________________________________________________________

BOBBY BOUCHER
Bobby Boucher is the one and only Waterboy (1998).

This baby boy was the loser that everyone picked on and lived at home with his mum at 30-years-old. However, he didn't let this get him down and became the town's hero. Bless him, he wasn't so bright though; it just added to his stuttering charm.

Coach Klein:
Bobby, can you do that for me every game?
Bobby Boucher:
Coach, not only will I do it for you, I... I... I..., yes, yes, I'll do it for you.

_____________________________________________________________________


STITCH
Stitch is the adorable alien from the Disney film Lilo & Stitch (2002).

Stitch was made to destroy and know nothing but pure evil... doesn't sound much like Disney, does it? However, it's clear he has a heart deep down inside and his naughty antics are amusing, only adding to his loveable character.

Stitch:
This is my family. I found it all on my own. It's little and broken but still good. Yeah, still good.

_____________________________________________________________________



BEN THOMAS
Ben Thomas is the hero that is willing to give his life away in Seven Pounds (2008).

This man made a mistake which took seven lives and he is willing to do anything to make up for it. Ben is the one of the most loving and caring yet intense character ever. If his actions don't make you cry then it is likely you have no soul.

Emily Posa:
Why do I get the feeling you're doing me a really big favour?
Ben Thomas:
Because I get the feeling you really deserve it.

_____________________________________________________________________

ROBBIE HART
Robbie Hart is simply The Wedding Singer (1998).

Being a wedding singer, Robbie constantly saw happy couples and he winds up falling in love himself. The lengths he goes to protect the woman he loves is simply adorable in such an Adam Sandler way.

Mr Simms:
Do you have any experience?
Robbie Hart:
No, sir, I have no experience but I'm a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. I'd like to put more in that jar. That's where you come in.
_____________________________________________________________________


Image sources:
http://justwonderingmore.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/miss-honey.html
http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/61432-official-ohio-state-look-alike-thread/
http://openwalls.com/image?id=16244
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3685586176/tt0814314
http://robsmovievault.wordpress.com/1998/02/13/the-wedding-singer/

3 comments:

  1. This should definitely include Duckie from pretty in pink. Love it though! Miss Honey was always one of my favourites :P xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad list. Miss Honey is hot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Honey is not hot, Miss Honey is beautiful! :P

      Delete