Monday 27 August 2012

Nothing Like a Bit of John Mayer to Calm the ol' Nerves

I am more than worried right now.

I am stressed up to my eyeballs.

I have left my home in Nuneaton, Warwickshire and moved to Winchester, Hampshire. That in itself is a huge change. Nuneaton is a pretty common town, bit of class here and there but not a "nice" town. Winchester, however, is entirely different - and comes at a price! Everything is hugely expensive.

But that's the least of my worries, I'm about to get myself into £40,000 worth of debt by going to University of Winchester to study Journalism and now I'm not sure if it's the university I want to attend... I know I should have researched it more but I've been so excited about it up until now - now I'm actually here.

I can't help but feel it may have been a lack of guidance, consdering no one I know, including previous Journalism tutors, have ever studied Journalism at university.

But there is nothing I can do this very minute, considering it's 1am.

So, to calm my nerves, I put on the unbeatable, incredible, brilliant, beautiful, soulful, amazing album 'Where The Light Is - Live in LA' by John Mayer.

I thought I'd share a few of the best songs, in my opinion, on the album. If you don't like them, well, you have no taste.


OUT OF MY MIND

BOLD AS LOVE

SLOW DANCING IN A BURNING ROOM

EVERYDAY I HAVE THE BLUES

WHO DID YOU THINK I WAS?

There are many more, but seriously, just buy the CD. It's worth it.

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth, I've been a working journalist for 30 years now, I've also been teaching it (same college in Birmingham, AL in the U.S.) and I can tell you that you learn journalism best by practicing it. So no matter where you go to university, it's really about how you put what you learn to work. I suspect you're going to be just fine. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete