Saturday 25 August 2012

Dorothy's Kittens



I posted a little while ago about my beautiful cat Dorothy going into labour.

She has since had six gorgeous little kittens.

I thought I'd post some picture of the adorable little things for you to say 'AWWW' at.




The picture to the right was taken at the vets. Four kittens down and Dorothy was looking incredibly tired and despite still having two kittens to go, it had been over two hours since she had her last. For this reason, we bundled her in the car at 11pm, (we being my mum and I), and took her to the out of hours vets - costing over £100 just for the call out.

Typically, by the time we got there, both kittens had been born and were alive and well.

Their names from top to bottom are Penny, Bernadette, Sheldon, Beyoncé, Frank Lucas and Howard.
It has now been around two weeks since the birth and each kitten has developed a slight personality. Mine and my boyfriend's favourite kittens are Sheldon and Beyoncé - they're just adorable.

Sheldon, one day old.
Sheldon and Beyoncé, one week old.

Frank Lucas, two days old.
Beautiful baby Sheldon.


Dorothy doing a good job of looking after her kittys.

Sheldon, the first day he had his eyes open.

Just adorable aren't they!


1 comment: